Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Office


Hello! I meant to write this post ages ago but it just kept getting pushed and pushed but now here we are! When I moved into a new job in the past few months, that also meant moving into a new workspace. I had some time to prepare for this so I devised a strategy which was basically "spend no money." I think I did pretty darn well! I tried to use as many things that I already owned and then thrifted the rest. When it came to actual artwork, I took to the internet for free images and hit BANK with the Biodiversity Heritage Library flickr page.

Thousands and thousands of gorgeous copyright free images it was extremely difficult to pick! I had an idea of what I wanted but when confronted with that much selection it took a while to narrow it down. In the end I picked 5 florals (one is now a binder cover) and 4 butterflies for my bulletin board. I resized everything in Photoshop and edited the images to make them more vibrant and consistent with one another.

Botanical images sourced from the Biodiversity Heritage flickr page.
Edited in Photoshop, printed at Staples. $7 total.

There's some work stuff on there...somewhere.
Instagram prints from Printsagram.

The back wall cluster was another challenge. As you can tell, I make great use of my floor when it comes to planning arrangements! The three watercolour birds are from Michelle Morin, the top left watercolour is from a trip to Lisbon and the photograph from Irene Suchocki.

Planning. All prints I already owned, bottom 3 frames thrifted.

Abrasive office lighting on the back walls. Broken lamp.
Tea credenza in progress.

 Gorgeous floral prints that matched my office decor perfectly.
An unreal Salvation Army find for $8 total.

Love everything about this wall. See the yarn basket?
Two camera images from Design Editor, printed at Staples. $10 total.

Dollar store jar, painted and sanded.

Needless to say I had tons of fun decorating this office! I don't have an office at home--all my workspaces are in the same room--so I approached this space as an extension of my apartment and I did so on a budget! Nesting happened immediately...and working, too, I guess. ;)

1 comment: